10TH EDITION OF THE WORLD FRUITS AND VEGETABLES DAY
AIAM5 Global Alliance for the Promotion of Fruits and Vegetables the Consumption 5 a day celebrates the 10th edition of the World Day of Fruits and Vegetables on October 14th, with the aim of providing continuity to the International Year of Fruits and Vegetables that was on 2021. AIAM5 has developed a concept note to facilitate its members to initiate consultations with their governments to propose FAO initiate a roadmap to present a proposal to the United Nations Assembly to recognize the World Fruit and Vegetable Day as a strategic action to give continuity to the International Year of Fruits and Vegetables 2021, consolidate the actions carried out and facilitate the development of others in accordance with the strategic plan drawn up by the International Steering Committee for the International Year of Fruits and Vegetables.
In this year 2022, in which World Food Day dedicates its motto to “Leave NO ONE behind“, AIAM5 emphasizes that fruits and vegetables are essential foods to achieve food security and nutrition for all. The exploratory consultation launched by the Alliance in 2020, showed that only 2 countries of the 18 countries that reported consumption data would reach the minimum daily consumption of 400 grams or 5 daily servings between fruits and vegetables. “No dejar NADIE atrás”, AIAM5 pone el acento en que las frutas y verduras son alimentos esenciales alcanzar la seguridad alimentaria y la nutrición de las personas. La consulta exploratoria lanzada por la Alianza en 2020, puso en evidencia que solo 2 países de los 18 países que reportaron datos de consumo alcanzarían el consumo mínimo diario de 400 gramos por persona y día, o al menos 5 raciones diarias entre frutas y verduras.
The institutional declaration of a WFVD would contribute, in addition to giving continuity to the IYFV, to:
- Raise awareness about the benefits of consuming fruits and vegetables for people’s health.
- Promover el papel del sector de las frutas y hortalizas en la resiliencia y sostenibilidad de los sistemas alimentarios.
- Contribute to the increase food literacy rates among the world population.
- Promote healthier and more sustainable eating patterns and lifestyles.
- Reduce losses and waste of fruits and vegetables.
- Value the role of fruit and vegetables as an indicator to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals
- Promote policies aimed at solving the current problems of world production of fruit and vegetables to meet global needs.
Access here to the Concept Note of the World Fruit and Vegetable Day
#DMFV2022 #WFVD2022 #NADIEsinFV #NOONEwithoutFV #FVparaTodos #FVforAll
All the information about this edition of World Fruit and Vegetable Day 2022